"We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands."--- Kristi Larson

Our little princess!!!

BubbleShare: Share photos - Easy Photo Sharing

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Another day without baby girl

On our way to visit this morning our translator received a call stating that Ava was still in intensive care and could have no visitors. So, we traveled to the hospital and spoke to the doctor directly. She said that Ava would be moved to the general area tomorrow and can have visitors in there. It was good to speak to the doctor directly .She said that Ava was better and did not have pneumonia. It was really hard to turn around and walk away knowing that your little baby was just beyond that door and all alone .Anytime my children have been in the hospital, I have stayed with them. I could not imagine being anywhere else.Just the simple touch of another human being has a comforting and healing effect.When we first visited Ava she was in the hospital due to exposure to chicken pox.Isolation had a tremendous effect on her. The child that we met on day 1 was transformed by day 5. Even the hospital staff commented on the change.After next week she will never have to go through anything alone again.When I get that baby in my arms I will never let her go!
N

5 comments:

Beth said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that Ava is still in the hospital. I can only imagine how hard that is. Hoping that she is in the general area and you can hold her tomorrow.

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you. I hope the time will pass quickly for you and can't wait to see photos of your little sweetie!

Joe and Renae said...

Oh I know this has to be so hard for you Nicole, but your right, this is the LAST time....once Ava is in your hands, NEITHER of you will have to do without each other again.

Michelle R said...

I read the last line of your post and I am cheering: GO MOMMA GO!! That is right! No more being alone for our baby girls! Nyet. Next time she end up in the hospital, be it for her heart or 30 years from now giving birth.. you will be there holding her hand, rubbing lotion all over her and she will be surrounded by all the balloons and goodies the rest of us send to her! Just wait. Once you get in there to her- she will instantly start to heal and improve just like last time! I will be praying like crazy over here- I wish I could be there to hold your hand and throw a few (hundered) research books at the crazy doctors who think isolation is a bright move!! (oops, back on my soap box again aren't I... sorry, I will get down now).
Hugs to both you and Bret (pass them on to the other families too)
Michelle

Karen said...

Sending many pryers your way!! May you have a wonderful visit with your sweetie tomorrow.
Karen