"We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands."--- Kristi Larson

Our little princess!!!

BubbleShare: Share photos - Easy Photo Sharing

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Life as we know it!



Well, life as we knew it has definitely changed! As from all of my blog postings you can all tell we have been a little busy!Life with a baby is a lot of work! Being the mother of two boys has definitely prepared me for Ava. It all comes back to you very quickly! Things here are going very well. Ava has done really well considering all of the change that she has been through this past week. She eats anything ! The formula has been really the only thing that she is not 100 % sold on. We have been using her schedule from the baby home with a few minor changes. So, I think the familiarity helps .The only thing that has been difficult is her bedtime ritual. Like many children that have lived in a institution setting, rocking themselves is a form of self soothing. You can read all of the books but nothing prepares you to see your own child do this. It is really heart breaking. We have been very diligent in rocking her and letting her know that this is now our job. Tonight, Ava did not rock herself at all . She crawled in really close and let me do my job!That seems like such a small victory but we will take it!She is beginning to trust us more and more each day. For once, every thing in the day evolves around her and she loves it!Every child deserves to know what that feels like.
Well, that is all for now.I am leaving you with a coule photos of Ms.Priss ! I told you she was a serious eater! We will be returning home on Saturday and I cannot wait to see the boys! I am not leaving my house for a very ,very long time!
N

4 comments:

Over-Caffeinated said...

PRECIOUS!!!! So glad to finally be seeing these photos! :)

Becky and Keith said...

She sure IS a serious eater! :-) What a cutie!

Karen said...

She looks so good. Her skin is beautiful!!! Keep up the good work.
Karen

Hilary Marquis said...

She's adorable :) I'm so glad that she's letting to rock her and trusting you to care for her. Anara never did want me to rock her...she just wanted me to lay next to her on the floor while she fell asleep. Now, she'll let me snuggle her to sleep, and I treasure that time since we missed out on all of that. HAve a safe trip home!