"We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands."--- Kristi Larson

Our little princess!!!

BubbleShare: Share photos - Easy Photo Sharing

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Gotcha Day!




Okay,fellow bloggers today is the day we have been waiting for! I got up extra early this morning and thought I would update my blog now before I get really busy this afternoon.I am really nervous. You would think that I was a first time parent! I would definitely compare this day to both of my inductions. The doctor set up the appointments for labor to be induced.The first face to face meetings with my boys were arranged... no suprise arrivals! This is so similar but only one real difference. We have already met, kissed and held our newest bundle of joy!I have the same butterflies in my tummy that I had on the boy's birthday.The paperwork and the waiting was my labor now comes the good part...When they hand you the baby!
I have to say how surprised we were when we met Ava. When they handed us her info at the MOE with that little photo we were very shocked. We knew that we were travelling to met a little girl under the age of 24 months,any ethnicity. When they took us to meet her this little lady came out carrying somthing almost half her length. When she was unwrapping this precious little package we realized that she was really tiny! This little blonde head popped up with two big grey eyes looking at us.From the minute we met her we knew she was who God had chosen for us long ago.
Well, here is our little Russian angel!Enjoy!
N

Click to play Ava Alexandra
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook

9 comments:

Michelle R said...

Congratulations N. You gave me goosebumps. She looks just amazingly beautiful and healthy. I just love the bow. It looks like she loves it too.. like a little crown.

You get much admiration for being so prompt with the posting. You made my day.

Hugs(for you, Brett and Ava),
Michelle

Susan said...

She is beautiful and I love her big eyes!! Pink and green are my favorite color combination.

Hilary Marquis said...

Congratulations!!! She is a BEAUTIFUL little girl :) God's plan is always perfect, even when we don't understand why we have to wait...I am so happy for all of you. Please give that little angel a kiss from both Anara and I.

Love,
Hilary

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

That was a wonderful photo presentation! She is simply beautiful, I especially loved the mohawk!

Congratulations! Kim

Karen said...

Nicole,
I'm sooo happy to see the title "Gotcha Day!!". It feels great to see you holding your baby girl outside the orphanage knowing that she going home.
Karen

Becky and Keith said...

Congratulations!! She is absolutely gorgeous!

Antoine & Lori said...

Congratulations on your baby girl! Godspeed home. Lori

Over-Caffeinated said...

Finally, I can't believe I left town on your gotcha day. And believe it or not, I thought several times over the weekend how I wish I could get access to see the photos! :)

Hope all is well. Now I just can't wait to see you're home! :)

Joe and Renae said...

Congratulations Nicole! Ava is SO adorable! She is going to fit right into that beautiful Princess bedroom you made for her!

Renae