"We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands."--- Kristi Larson

Our little princess!!!

BubbleShare: Share photos - Easy Photo Sharing

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Heading Home!!!!

I can honestly say I have never been so excited about getting on a 12 hour nonstop flight with a 1 year old!We have truly enjoyed our adoption experience here with Catholic Social Services and are so greatful for this precious gift we have received but we are ready to head back home! I think Dorthy summed it up when she said "There is no place like home"!The hardest part of this 3 week trip was leaving my boy's! I cannot wait to see them and for them to meet their new sister. Jake talked to Ava on the phone the other night and she really was excited kicking her feet! Jake has been going around proudly telling everyone about her reaction! She is going to love them both so very much!
We are very anxious to get Ava back home to be evaluated by her pediatrician.The day we received her info at the MOE ,we were told that she has a small hole in her heart and pulmonary stenosis.This can be a scary diagnosis to hear. I left the MOE kind of in a daze and really scared to death. As soon as they placed her in our arms we knew that no matter what was on that medical report we would face it together. I think God blesses you with a sense of peace that only he can provide. So, as we embark on this next stage many prayers for Ava's good health are requested!
Also ,I would request that many prayers be sent up for all the unsuspecting fellow passengers on Singapore airlines on Saturday morning!!!! Hopefully, Mr. Sandman will pay us a visit on the flight!
Paka Paka!
N

3 comments:

Over-Caffeinated said...

Oooh, I have chills on my arms! This is your last post from Russia and your last post before officially being home with all your kiddos! :) I can't believe it! It seems like a long time ago and just yesterday that we were anxiety ridden over "the call" and now look at us! :)

Michelle R said...

Nic, it is 5:40 right now in Russia, and your flight takes off sooon. I am sending up those prayers for you and the others on the flight.

I am so glad the last of our girl baby triad is coming home. Now it is time for a new phase in our journey! Transisitons first, then girl trips!!!

the Horvaths said...

Congratulations, I have just been catching up. Your daughter is so adorable. Hope the flight went well and when you catch your breath, looking forward to seeing how things are at home-sweet-home