"We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands."--- Kristi Larson

Our little princess!!!

BubbleShare: Share photos - Easy Photo Sharing

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

We are really here...I promise!

First I have to say that I am the worst blogger in the history of man kind! We have been so exhausted physically and emotionally that we are not even sure what day it is!
We left Houston at 11:45 Sunday night but not before a lot of tears were shed! The boy's and I were having seperation issues! They managed to drive off with my parents without me hooked on the bumper of the car! I miss them terribly!Our flight was uneventful and despite Bret's prediction that I would take the plane down with all SEVEN of our bags we arrived without incident. No I did not bring my whole closet ! We had 2 Huge bags of clothes for the orphanage. Bret provided some much needed comic relief by falling down with the luggage!But what was really funny was the look on our drivers face when he saw Bret approaching with all of our stuff...priceless! So I know you guy's are saying get to the good stuff already!
We arrived at the Ministry of Education Monday morning to receive our official referral. I cannot share any details about the child out of respect for her privacy. They ask if you would like to meet the child ...Bret said I did not let them finish the question and interrupted with a firm and loud yes! We had Dr. M meet us to evaluate the child and he was wonderful. We would have been really scared without his help. Well, after our first visit with the baby our translator asked what we thought ...Bret said can we take her home now! He is in big trouble on day 1 she manged to wrap that man around her pinky finger ...really tight!
So , I guess you all figured out that we have both had our hearts stolen by this dancing Russian princess !!! And yes she really dances. We are really excited about this new chapter in our life and cannot wait to bring baby Ava home!


N

2 comments:

Susan said...

I'm glad to hear your trip is going so well and your new daughter is already working her way deep into daddy's heart. Enjoy the rest of the week and I look forward to more updates.

Becky and Keith said...

YAY!! I'm so excited for you! I was hoping the visit went well. By the way... by the time you get on Moscow time, it will be time to come home! :-)