"We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands."--- Kristi Larson

Our little princess!!!

BubbleShare: Share photos - Easy Photo Sharing

Thursday, July 10, 2008

We are having a wonderful week with Ava! We have been so excited with all of the progress she has made with us in the past few days.She was sitting in my lap the other day and I felt something warm on my leg. She had sprung a leak! The ladies all ran around cleaning things up and looking at me not sure how I would react.I think after I broke out in laughter that said it all!Little do they know I am the mother of two boys. Need I say more? I have seen ,heard and worn everything gross that you could imagine! From boogers to ...well let's just saw I have exsperienced it all!I wore that baby pee pee with pride!We are really starting to get anxious about leaving her here. She has a wonderful group of caregivers that take such good care of her. That will help us with the difficult task of going home without her.
We have our 8 doctor medical exam tomorrow.We are going to squeeze in one more visit in with Ava before our trip is up.We have been taken such good care of by our driver and translator this week. Without them our trip would not have gone as smooth as it has. They took us under their wings and have kept us safe and entertained! We have really loved all of the agencies staff in Russia. What a great group of people ! They truly love these children and make it their life work to help these children. May God bless each one of them!
Well, we are off to bed!The jet lag is kicking our booties!B is already snoring!

Paka!
N

2 comments:

Hilary Marquis said...

Hahaha! As the mother of little boys I understand exactly what you mean ;) I know how hard it is to leave Ava there, but remember that she was in God's care before yours. And as hard as it is to wrap you mind around this, He loves her even MORE than you do! She is going to be just fine, she knows no different and she is with her "family" being with her caregivers that do genuinely care about her. This is going to be your "labor"...and there is no epidural or pain relief, only prayer. I've given birth (naturally I might add) and I've adopted, and I can honestly say "labor" is worse with adoption. People who think that adoption is easier are very wrong. But, God's grace is sufficient, and He will carry you! I'll pray for your peace as you say goodbye and the time you'll wait. Hang in there, and send me a note if you need to "vent"!

Blessings,
Hilary

Michelle R said...

Nic, I am already laughing about you going to the medical... I can just imagine the comic relief Bret is going to be providing! If Ian and I were slap happy I can only imagine! I can't wait to talk to you on the phone when you get back and get he blow by blow "in person". "Enjoy!!!!" ((snickering))