"We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands."--- Kristi Larson

Our little princess!!!

BubbleShare: Share photos - Easy Photo Sharing

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Great things

We have been home for a few days now . And I think we have just about defeated the grueling jet lag that just about killed us both! I have to say that we have both been in a state of shock over the events of the past week . We were so lucky to have had one last visit with Ava on Saturday. She saved the best one for last. She was so different from the little girl that we met on Monday. The doctors said that after two days of our visiting with her she was far more emotional. Well, I have to say Bret and I were truly amazed at her on Saturday. It funny to think that a little person reaching out to you could just melt your heart...and it did. When we had to leave the doctor said we will wait here for you to leave. As we walked away ,I could not bring myself to look back at her. I now wish I would have.
I really have a better understanding now of what is meant by good things come to those who wait. Each step of this adoption process seems to creep by and you have to wonder will it ever happen . Then you move on to the next stage of the process and realize that you have NOW entered the most difficult stage. We met this wonderful and amazing little angel who has stolen our hearts and we had to walk away.So we now will wait and pray for that phone to ring so we can return to our sweet girl and never be apart again. I think I will change the saying to GREAT things come to those who wait!
N

2 comments:

Michelle R said...

Amen, sistah!

Let no one else complain about waiting around us again. This has been like Christmas for a kid. But, Santa keeps landing on the roof and leaving candy canes and promises for a real Christmas soon...

Becky and Keith said...

Oh, wait for jetlag with a little one!!! It feels like it never ever goes away! I'll be praying that your wait for court FLIES by!