"We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands."--- Kristi Larson

Our little princess!!!

BubbleShare: Share photos - Easy Photo Sharing

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Date to Remember!


Okay, I admit I am not the most organized person. I guess you could call me a closet slob. I am one of those people that keeps stuff in case I will need it someday! I was sorting through some of my old emails today . When I looked over at the date, I realized that was the day that my sweet little girl was born in Russia . Yes, I admit I have keep emails from 2007! When I looked back on that date ,we were packing up for our big move from Dallas back to Houston. On that hot day in July ,we endured the painful task of packing up and bidding our farewells in Dallas. On the other side of the world our pink bundle of joy was born. I was so anxious to get moved! I was excited about returning to my hometown but really excited about beginning our home study. I had to cancel our first home study appointment because of the relocation. Our social worker suggested once we got settled in Houston then we could proceed with the home study. I remember thinking that every road block that we encountered was delaying the adoption process.It was so frustrating and I was ready !!! Funny thing is that the little girl that was meant to be our daughter was not ready . She had just been born. I look back on this now and know that every detour and road block was in place for a reason. And I am reminded as we are about to begin another wonderful adventure ... GREAT things come to those who wait!

I leave you with my pink bundle of joy in pink high heels and her Walmart shopping cart! And yes that is her hair , not a wig!!!!!!!!
N

2 comments:

Over-Caffeinated said...

OOOH, I have chills. I can't tell you enough that EVERY single adoption story I've ever been involved with, and it's well over 100 if you count both clients and friends, has a story like this. God is SO in the details of this. As Katie says, "God didn't mess up and create too many children, He just hasn't convinced us all to go get ours yet!" :)

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

This photo reminds me of that old shampoo commercial where the girl flings her hair around and says, "Don't hate me because I have beautiful hair!" Ava's hair IS simply beautiful!

It's funny you mentioned having emails from 2007. Me too! I've already checked Lexi's birthday and I was inquiring about changing adoption agencies that day. Remarkable how God is in control of the details, isn't it?