"We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands."--- Kristi Larson

Our little princess!!!

BubbleShare: Share photos - Easy Photo Sharing

Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Sweetest Little Hug!



We are still here! I have been the worst blogger in the history of mankind! The days of simply checking my email have been replaced with a very busy and active little Goldilocks! It is amazing how far this little lady has come in such a short period of time. We have our appointment to set up Ava's plan with early childhood intervention. Since they have been here for their initial evaluation Ava has been moving forward in her development. She watches everything and just absorbs it like a sponge! Her list of vocabulary has grown quite a bit. When we first met her she did not say a thing . Nothing. Now she is picking up words very quickly . She is still eating everything you give her. Yesterday, she had a whole grill cheese and a bowl of ice cream after lunch! The girl can really put away the groceries . We have not found anything that she does not like!She is standing up alone and we feel that our days before she takes off are numbered! All of the development stuff is really great but what she did yesterday was the greatest milestone yet. I had a lady come to my home to give me a quote about cleaning our home 2 x's a month. I had told her that we have a new baby and I do not have time to chase the dust that is slowly suffocating us all! When she arrived she expected a newborn baby and then Ava's story unfolded. When went through the house and discussed what I wanted and looked at all of the rooms. Ava is on my hip like a little monkey. The women asked me a couple of more questions about Ava. Ava and I were looking at each other and it just happened. Ava put her arms out and hugged me and patted me on the back as she put her head on my shoulder. She then looked up at me so sweetly and did it again. It was the sweetest moment we have had together. It was so wonderful to see her do this on her own. When ECI came out they asked if Ava shows affection. I had to pause and say I guess not. She is climbing on you , time in the rocking chair and being carried around so there is constant human touch. I guess I had not really thought about how she is the recipient of tons of affection but she has yet to return it on her own.What a wonderful feeling it was to see that she had felt enough love and trust for me to shower me with such a sweet moment. I will cherish that moment forever.
Well, we are approaching Thanksgiving and we have alot to be thankful for.I am so grateful for each one of my children . They each are such a blessing! I cannot help but think of all of the little children who will not have a family to spend the holidays with. As crazy as life has been lately around our home If asked would I do this again I can honestly answer in a second!I have a feeling that we are just not done yet. I think God will let us know if and when we should do this again. You just have to follow your heart and he will led the way!
I will leave you all with pictures of Ava and one example of how well she shares with ALL of her brothers!I promise her picture was taken first!
N

1 comment:

Michelle R said...

What a wonderful mommy moment Nicole!! She looks like she gives good Hug :)